Re: TI-H: linux...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: linux...

>My point exactly, I can IM them without them or me installing extra software
>or downloading IRC software, I can go to AOL-only content and still have the
>net at my finger tips.  You proved my point for me, thanks.

I'd love to use AOL and be forced to use their junky IRC client, their
junky speed, their junky 'net at my fingers' and the content they hide from
the internet because it isn't good.  :/

>>>Show the world you prefer a GUI to a text prompt (Win95 vs DOS)
>>
>>I'd much rather use bash.
>
>And how many people use bash???

Obviously not you.

>>>Show the world you prefer games to speed (Win95 vs Mac)
>
>>Just got done playing quake 1.0 on VPC 2.0.  In fact, it was an online
>>game.  jared has a quake server at quake.greatland.net
>
>Now go buy Unreal or Forsaken and try getting anything over 15 FPS on your
>Mac.

Aftter downloading it from the site mel gave me it ran quite well.  Not
choppy.  I have 3dfx emulation.  Plus I have ATI 3d RAGE chipset onboard.

>(They practically NEED a 3dFX card, which, by the way has 10x better 3D than
>any Mac in existance.

Ummm...  No.  Any pci card and teh QuickDraw enabler will work fine.  I
just got done testing some 3 rendering apps for linux.

>And unsuprisingly it works only with IBM architectures,
>what a cawinkydink.)

Maybe because the ppc already had the ATI chipset.

-The FIRST public domain portable hardware mp3 player-
http://gussie.alaska.net

Follow-Ups: References: