Re: TI-H: I'm baaaaaacccccckkkk!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: I'm baaaaaacccccckkkk!!!

The ring part is correct, the token part is not.  Thinnet is still Ethernet,
so no tokens are involved.  10Base2 connectors almost force you to use a
ring, unless you want a terminator for each machine and an adapter for the
physical interface.
Token Ring connectors do not use the thinnet-type connectors, opting for a
9-pin connector leading to a VERY odd-looking IBM "snap-on" genderless
connector, or good old RJ45.
Physically, the only rings I've seen are on 10Base2 (Ethernet)
Logically, only Token Ring and Arcnet.
Prove me wrong if you can, I'd like to avoid embarrassing myself whenever
possible =]

CK