TI-H: Changing the ROM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Changing the ROM

I just had a thought, what if you'd replace the rom of your TI-85 with a ram ic
and copy the rom to the ram? It would be possible to change error codes,
messages, complete routines and you could even program the calc with your own
program (of course then you cannot use the calc anymore, unless you make the
program similar to the original one.) This can be done easily if you put a ram
on top of the rom (like the internal mem exp.) and you use a switch to select
either ram or rom. This however is just an idea, but i'll probably try this
within a week or so. Please let me hear what you think about
this.
Later,

Neil

        The online community for independent travellers
  Free web-based email service     http://www.backpackers.com