Re: TI-H: re: mouse interface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: re: mouse interface

On 30-Oct-98, MaxxKills@aol.com wrote:

> Mouses dont work like that, im sorry to tell you, they work like this:
> > 2 sets of these (up/down, right/left)
>
> IR Emitter----->)  :O:  [-----> IR Detector
>              spaced "pins" wheel
>
> it logically reads how fast the "pins" on the wheel are going by, and what
> direction they are going, and you get slow/fast movement, and up/down
> movement.

Well as I recall it you can "read" the speed as the the frequency on one of
the
two detector sets used for that direction (X or Y).

The moved length is the number of times that the signal have changed (this is
not the position (as the direction/"change in" have an effect on the position
as
well as the moved distance)).

And the direction that we are moving in can be determined by looking at the
second "line" when there is a change in the signal level on the first line.

I might ofcourse be wrong, but then I hope that some one will tell me :)

--
Greetings from Visti Andresen (talpa/IRIS)
     May the AMIGA be with you.

    Want my PGP key? Look at my WWW Page or mail me.