Re: TI-H: Morse-eye

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Morse-eye

Well, you can argue semantics and all, but PC/104 is rather nice to deal
with.  Not great for commercial production, but that's a different bag
of pain.
I doubt my friend's going to email anyone for help, since he can design
the whole software part of a CD^3 on his own.  That's his strength.  I'm
just saying, join the team and tell them what they should do, and
properly.  The other goal of it seems to be to allow a workable computer
system at the same time, which really boosts cost.  Not to mention,
it's  easier to update an ELF binary than a decoder chip.
Finally, it's not a walking computer, it's just a walking platform.  As
in a walking TV tray.  It has to be able to go forward, back, and turn.
I'm trying to find one that can be built HUGE, like about 10 feet tall
and capable of supporting up to 1000 lbs.  The plat will also have to
support a large base.  The reasons I have for this will be revealed over
time.

CK

Grant Stockly wrote:

> >1) This is an easy crack on Grant.  I'm not making it :)
> >2) We'd all need scanners, and I'm actually evolving well beyond the
> >lowly calc to better systems.
> >3) Microdrives are nice, but the cost is ridiculous.
> >
> >One last thing:  Grant, you seem to know what you're doing for the most
> >part.  Track down the people developing the CD^3, a  CD-based MP3
> >player.  They're using a touchscreen and slackware-like custom Linux
> >distro.
> One of their mistakes was using PC104 boards.  $1000 would get you their
> player, $100 would build a MAS3507D model...
>
> >I'd help, but a friend of mine who is on the team was kind
> >enough to tell me that he's dealing with idiots.  I can't deal with
> >them, but maybe you have better people skills, and they REALLY need some
> >help, or else it becomes vaporware.
>
> If your friend can e-mail me I can help him...
>
> >Oh yeah, and can anyone point me to any ME/Robotics sites?  I'm trying
> >to build a large scale biped walking platform.
>
> A walking computer...?

Follow-Ups: References: