Re: TI-H: hardware reform

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: hardware reform

>hello all you geeks,
>
>i was thinking last night about breasts, and ti-calcs. but mostly about
>breasts. but anyways, when i was thinking about calcs.

heh.  :)

>i got to thinking
>about the incompatability ofhardware devices for the calcs. i mean, you
>can have a speaker and a temp sensor and a keyboard and an expander all
>hooked up at the same time can you? no. so i was thinking that in the
>future, there should be a standard for the drivers. and i was thinking
>that it should be i2c. several devices use it right now, and the e(g) will
>use it when it is completed. and when grant finishes his avr
>telnet/web/net thing, that will hopefully be i2c as well. think about it:
>while connect to your favorite irc channel and checking your mail through
>pine on your calc, you could be typing everything up with my new i2c
>keyboard. wouldn't that be really a lot easier. and think about
>multi-user-ness, how about having a bunch of people hooked up to a
>simple-ass hub and using the keyboard avr, and the net avr, and the e(g)
>at the sametime, without a bunch of people having to own their own device
>and such. this is a chart of the addys that you can use, its pulled right
>from the mbus readme.
>
>Address range | Description
>--------------+------------------
> 0            | General call
> 1-15         | Reserved (by the I2C bus specifications)
> 16-63        | Available
> 64-79        | Reserved for PCF8574 I/O extender chips
> 80-111       | Available
> 112-127      | Reserved for PCF8574A I/O extender chips
> 128-247      | Available
> 248-255      | Reserved for I2C Extended 10-bit addressing
>
>the keyboard will have address 17, ok grant? i hope that people can
>understand my point here, and that they follow this simple guideline.
>thank you

Okay.  Its whatever you tell it is.  :)

Btw, you must change the asm code for sending serial code to the keyboard.
:)  I ported it from the PIC processor.  So instead of 9600 it probably
wants to go at 20000 the avr is so much faster...

Throw out that I/O expnader chips thing.  Much better can be done.  :\
Easily I ccould add 27bit expander for half the price.

Grant

MAN the free mp3s are all trash!