Re: TI-H: TI-86 Slowdown with EL backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-86 Slowdown with EL backlight

>From: Adam Davis <adavis@baladyne.com>
>Well, it sounds like the inverter is injecting noise into the power
>lines.

Is there an echo in here? <g>

>Depending on the circuit and chip the calc uses, it may be that
>the processor uses the frequency of the inverter instead of its own
>oscillator.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that.

>You should put a filter capacitor in parallel with the
>inverter, close to it.

Have tried that, but not as close to the inverter as possable.
I'll give that a try.  Hopefully I be able to check it with a
'scope before and after.

>You may even need a choke in the line as well.

Possably, although I have no idea what frequency the noise is,
so I wouldn't know what value choke to use.  I suppose I could
just use a big one to test it, I have a 2.0H, think that would
be enough for a test? :)

>Try another inverter, if you have one.

Nope, this is the only one I know of that is small enough
and has appropriate output power charastics for the lamp.

Thanks!
DK