Re: TI-H: TI Network - TIN

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI Network - TIN

In a message dated 10/20/98 1:01:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
m_rayman@bigfoot.com writes:

> Isn't TI-BASIC for all calcs anyway?  If a BASIC program was written on the
>  82, wouldn't all the other calcs be able to run it?
Nope.  no two versions of BASIC are compatible except for two exceptions:
TI-82 BASIC can run on the TI-83.
TI-85 BASIC can run on the TI-86.
>  Besides, this goes back
>  to the compatability vs optimum performance.  It's basically well known
that
>  BASIC games are fading out, and everyone will want the graphical assembly
>  games and give crap about being compatible with the other calcs.  Why
invent
>  a new language that will die before it's used?

I must agree with this in some aspects... Perhaps a new 'macro' language would
be better for Grant's E(g)?  It sounds like he wanted a language for running
'macros' so to speak...

Rob Hornick