Re: TI-H: TI Network - TIN

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI Network - TIN

First, it's 8-bit, therefore, 256 addresses.  Next, MBus is NOT I2C,
it's XI2C, making it 10-bit, therefore allowing 1024 devices on the bus,
or at least, Osma (Ozone) said he was working on it.  It's basically the
same, just enhanced.  I2C devices work fine with XI2C for the most part.
For an expander to be a file server, you either need a bit more firmware
code, a dedicated calc controller, or you just deal with a lot less
speed from the expander, since it has to handle all the requensts and
delay them, so that you end up "on line" for a long time.

CK

Grant Stockly wrote:

> #1.  I2C is compatible with all calcs.
> #2.  The E(g) is a file server
> #3.  I2C has 128 addresses.  You show me anywhere near 128 calcs or even
> tell me where there would be the need to tie 128 calcs together (remember
> they all share 3k of bandwidth) and I'll see a need for more addresses...
>
> Grant

Follow-Ups: References: