Re: TI-H: Band pass filtering

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Band pass filtering

IR is good.  Just modulate the signal.  I posted schematics for the new
sony receivers.  Works great!

All you need are 4 transmitters and 4 receivers for each link.

Then you'll need to make 4 simple osc circuts for your chosen parts.  Thats
about it.

THe one I made worked 10 feet (AMP IT! :) ), but I ripped it apart to make
a laser tag thing for my 8 year old brother.  :\

Grant

>Okay, not all resources will make it that simple.  However, the basics
>behind a band pass filter is the combination of a low pass and a high
>pass filter.  Look them up, as it might prove useful.
>Most of it involves inductor based tank circuits, which are best set
>using an oscillator/frequency generator, and an oscilloscope, although
>the latter can be done in software if you have the proper interface
>board (I believe you can hack it with a joystick port).
>
>By the way, unless you're getting into things a lot more advanced than
>you can build on the first try, an AM radio link for the TIs will not be
>easy.  There's a lot of noise to contend with, and that alone can be a
>severe problem.  Good luck.

Follow-Ups: References: