Re: Re(2): TI-H: A Virtual Hub: Interlink

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(2): TI-H: A Virtual Hub: Interlink

>> 2) The MBus software: This software works off the I2C principle. when the
>>  first calc is plugged in and it runs the software, it becomes the master
>>  calc. all other calcs plugged in afterwards become slaves, and they get
>>  different addresses. the software provides for crash detection, error
>>  checking, and other stuff.
All true except for the important fact that all the calculators plugged
into the net are masters.  Anything that sends is.  That is why the stuff
was originally called the MultiMaster I2C Routines.

Yes: http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone/i2c/

>2.  Is the MBus software available for any platforms besides tthe TI-85?
I contacted the author yesterday I think.  He said that someone had ported
it to the TI-86, but something about the porter didnt put in the original
author's name, and so he isnt going to release it.  I could port it, with
the author's help, and get it released, but I don't have a TI-86 to test it
on, so...

>3.  Can different models of calculators connect via the MBus?
They could with the above port.

>Rob Hornick

-Jonathan Kaus
kaus@cybrzn.com