Re: TI-H: REAL Internal Memory Expansion

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: REAL Internal Memory Expansion

This sounds pretty awesome, but one thing:
The DRAMs will need to be dynamically refreshed, which will put one hell of
a drain on the battery.
Also, they wil need to be refreshed even when the calc is off.
Plus, this would still neeed to be implemented through the link port, cause
the 32k ram internally is the limit of its capabilities for direct ram access.
it would be like a e2 that requires constant large amounts of power, is a
whole lot bigger, and can be writen to as many times as you want.

At 02:37 PM 10/7/98 -0800, you wrote:

>I've been looking at specs, and its possible to replace the internal SRAM
>with DRAM.  Then we could have 16MB accessable to our calcs at any time.
>
>Not too hard either.

Follow-Ups: References: