Re: TI-H: Doh!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Doh!!!

>From: "Justin" <JUSTIN18@geocities.com>
>I found my "2 year warrenty" only to find That it says I must enclose
proof
>of date of purchase e.g. a reciept.  Well I looked in the box where I
am
>sure I put the reciept an its not there!  I brought it with cash so no
>credit card invoice to prove it either.  Sods law!!!

You know, you can buy receipt printers that connect right
up to your computer.  Comes in handy in situations like those.

Strictly for educational purposes of course. <g>

The last place worked had a computer set up with a receipt printer,
mag card reader and MagiCard card printer (including the mag strip
writer, security overlay and holo-film overlay).  Just for fun
(and testing) we slapped a SD drivers license onto the scanner and
printed some fake SD licenses.  Very convincing, we actually got
one of the guys to try it out at the bar down the street (he was
21 at the time, so wasn't breaking the law (we think anyway, I
guess making the card look like it was a SD form might have been
illegal)), the waiter looked at both sides and said "cool, pretty
high tech", and sold him a beer.  No wonder the printers are 3000+
bux, wouldn't want the local high school kids to get ahold of it :)

DK

DK