Re: TI-H: hey i have a question.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: hey i have a question.

>---David Knaack <dknaack@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>From: StoryTelr Jedi Knight <storytelr@yahoo.com>
>>>k now if someone wanted to oh... hook Christmas lites
>>>up on his car, and use them while driving and/or a
>>>display of school and christmas spirit.  what sortof
>>>a power source, or converter would one need????
>>
>> I'd say go buy strings of battery operated lights.  Most operate
>> on about 3 volts, you can remove the plugs (and probably the last
>> bulb on the first 3-4 strings) and connect about 4-5 together to
>> get them to operate on 12-14v.
>
>nathan wainwright(StoryTelr@yahoo.com) wrote
>ya i have a few of those but i use them on my clothing,
>need to make a pair of pants, and fix my jacket....
>
>anyways how large of bulbs are you talking about????  i am
>thinking of like household size ones, about inch tall, and
>half a inch thick.

I was refering to typical christmas lights, a cylinder about
an inch long, and about 1/4 inch in diameter, pointy on one
end with a green plastic bayonet base on the other.

Battery operated strings will run for many hours on a
D cell battery pack, and for short periods of operation
(say, praiding around in the halls between classes), they
could be operated on a couple of AA cells in ones pocket.