RE: TI-H: risc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: risc

> No one writes games in ASM for windows computers.  Writing
> programs in ASM,
> even under linux, is very very hard and it would be faster to use a high
> level C language...

BEEEP.  Wrong.  A) Anything you need a .vxd or windows driver for is
generally in ASM, (that's the interface used in the DDK) and the inner loops
of many games are often rewritten in ASM for speed.

> The MMX engine on my PPC runs at about 234MHz.  That means my 300MHz G3 is
> able to do a 233MHz MMX... Pretty good.
>
> And that is emulating.  If the game is ported and recompiled, it would run
> a ton faster.
>
> Windows is also the worst OS to program anything under.  All of the top
> compilers aren't posix compatible.  That means they don't use the standard
> for code.
>
> I can take a unix app, and port it to a posix target easily.
>
> Once again, good points, but no base...

Try Cygnus compilers.  You can take most unix programs and compile them
quite easily, as well as including many of the standard utilities.  It's
usually the other direction that is harder, which is wine eventually will
come in..

Follow-Ups: References: