Re: TI-H: heh

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: heh

Actually, it's my opinion that the hardware isn't the problem, but the os as
far as macs go... MacOS crashes more often than Linux in my experience
(unless you're running the most recent devel kernel, but that's yer own
fault if it crashes). And it doesn't surprise me that Linux runs faster on
the PPC. It is a faster system. And for years people have used RISC to
emulate CISC. Granted, if the processor was running in it's native mode, it
would probably be about 10 times faster than when it's emulating (which
makes me wonder why most PPC programs still aren't native RISC). Oh, and
about grant's little "add proc to temp" well, on my intel chip, i can go adc
eax,ebx to add ebx to eax...you just twisted the argument by showing the
extra code required to fill both registeres would would also be required in
the RISC chip. Anyway, i'm done.

-- Jon Olson