Re: TI-H: IBM PC/AT Power supply.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: IBM PC/AT Power supply.

kaus wrote:

> Hey all.  I jsut dissected my ancient IBM PC/AT original antique.  I pulled
> the power supply and was wondering if it would be feasible to use it as the
> power supply for my digitial circuit prototypes, like on breadborad and such.
> HAs anyone done this befoer?

The only thing you need to know is that some switchers won't start
regulating the power output until there's a specific load.  I have had
switchers that would start working as long as you drew .2 amps out, and
I've had some that wouldn't work until you drew 2 amps out.
But you'll be fine using them for prototype work.  I have one on my
workbench, and a few spares.  They come in handy.

-Adam