TI-H: music project update

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: music project update

after some thinking, and some research, and some more thinking, then some
doodling, and then some more research i finally decided on a more or less
'final' plan for my robot. Instead of having 1 robot that plays trombone,
and then another one that plays trumpet and then another one that lays
flutes, why not have one configurable robot to do it all? I decided on
going for a Johnny 5 look and feel. here's the plan:

Face
* Lips
	the lips will be controlled by 16 muscle wires per lip
*Jaw and Chin
	the jaw will be controlled by an air muscle

Arms
*Joints
	Ball and socket shoulder - rotate and swing
	elbow - swing and rotate
	wrist - sway and rotate
	hand w/ fingers - fully functioning hand
*Functions exactly like a human arm
*All muscles will be made of Air Muscles

Body
*Lungs
	It will have a double bellow lung system, kind of like fireplace bellows.
just like human lungs, except that these lungs will operate indeendantly:
1 lung will lay while the other fills with air.
*Back
	The back will be a hinge like Johnny 5

Locomotion
*It will propel itself with wheels/treads

there will be a small computer housed in the machines base to control all
of the machines functions and to handle the midi processing. The air
muscle will really make this roject a lot easier, its so much more
powerful than the muscle wire.

this machine will be able to play all sorts of instruments, it just needs
to be programmed for the fingering and stuff. this is going to rock

FUZZ
I Don't See Why Not
listen.to/yankovic
ICQ: 3512251