Re(3): TI-H: big music project

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re(3): TI-H: big music project

>the way i was envisiong it was that the machine would read the note that
>it was supposed to play, then it would tighten or release the wires in the
>lip according the the ombichure needed, and then it would move the slide
>using a series of electromagnets to the position that was closest. for
>those of you who dont play trombone, there are several positions in whch a
>note can be played, ex Bb can be played in 1st or 5th position, dependng
>on where your slide is at the moment. i chose electromagents instead of
>pistons or hydraulics b/c i figured that magnets would be easier/cheaper
>and it would provide much more fluid slide motion.

Yeah, but with high quality servos, it would use less power, cost less,
weigh less....and people would be amused by the motor alone.  ;)

Oh yeah...  And for me, C can be played in 1st or 6th since I have an bass
with fkey.  :)

And what about if you wanted the slide to move up and down smothly to
create a slur?  Or what about jazz where you do strange things.  :)

You wouldn't be able to emulate the full MIDI set with 7 set positions, but
it realy doesn't matter...

Grant