Re: TI-H: CBL clone (METER)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: CBL clone (METER)

On 12-Nov-98, Neil wrote:

> I've started thinking how to design this circuit and i have a few
> questions to whoever wants it. For the robitics, could you let me know
> how many i/o ports you'd like? Also how many digital in, analog out,
> etc.
> For the meter, what for measurements, etc. BTW, would you like your
> calc turned into a 1 MHz scope?

YES!! (as I don't have a scope it would be nice...)
btw. what about making all the different units as I2C devices (yes I know that
would require ASM to be used but then again i think that TI-Basic is to slow
any
way atleast on the 92, and some one could make an ASM "driver" some thing like
SendI2C(args) (still requiring an ASM shell))

 I would so it probably get's into the
> schematic anyway, but i'm asking it so i'd know what you think. I need
> this information to satisfy everyone, so react.

why not just make "many" small units? I don't know if you can have more than
one
unit connected to the CBS system but thats no problem on the I2B bus.

Things in against a BIG unit...
It might have features that I don't want, making it more expensive than
needed.
Longer development times? (bigger project)

Things against small units...
Every unit have to have a bus "driver" making all unit more expensive than the
big unit(less expensive if some one just wants a specific feature).
Longer development times??? the smaller units should start showing up faster
that the big one, but the development of all units will most likely take
longer
than the big one.