Re: TI-H: Morse-eye

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Morse-eye

K guys, just to get back on topic.

    I put up this concept, because it had to have a use. This is gonna be
for people who have been in a coma for a longer period of time, and are
often disabled.
    The first movement their brains can control is their eye's blinking, or
movement (that's beyond the scope of my project). I just need some help
developing the hardware part.
    The software part will be a really big mix of PC, AVR, calc (EZ 2 begin
with), ICS's etc.. etc.. . The ultimate goal is to allow these people to
live their own lives without the aid of others. That would mean their
blinking would have to turn tv's on/off, open/close doors etc.. etc.. etc..
. I hope you get the point. Just to test the basic idea I wanted to hook up
the hardware to a calc for now and just start doing stuff with it.
    Eventually this system should signal the morse code into a central
control station through one simple H-line. This would then relay all the
different request to the appropriate object, such as a computer, the TV,
the door, the light, the heating and a lot of other stuff.
    I would thus like to ask Christopher, who *does* seem to be entirely
familiar with the concept of miniaturization, to please guide me into the
right direction.

I hope this is enough to bring y'all back on topic.

G, m-.

Michiel Trimpe wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I'm the one that was talking about the foldable keyboard. I've got that
> one working just fine. But now I have come up with something new. I
> think this is really dope. I was just kinda thinking about some nice
> input device for your compu/ticalc. I came up with the idea of using
> your eyes and morse code to get some input into your calc. If your eyes
> are closed, it's zero and if they're open it's a one, or the other way
> around.
>     The software part is not all that hard, but the hardware part is.
> Does anyone know of some sort of material that you could put on your
> eyelid, and that would allow you to get the state of the eye?
>     The morse stuff types really fast for me. I've programmed it using
> the 2nd button, and it really rules!

Follow-Ups: References: