Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

What does everyone seem to think that my filesystem spec is difficult, slow,
or both? It's not all that hard to implement, you just step through the
bytes in the bitmap, until you find one that's not 0xff, and then see if >x
blocks are free (1 sector chaining would be too slow, we cal all agree on
that). But please, it's really not that hard to do, it requires a few extra
bytes in the file header, and an extra flag bit (maybe, you might even just
say "if the NextSegment head/cyl/track isn't 0, then assume there's more to
this file somewhere else") Overall, if it's fast enough for PC's to access
multi-gig data files hundreds of times a day, i think it's fast enough to go
through a 5 meg file at 30K/sec, and as i keep vehemently declaring, it's
NOT hard to implement.

-- Jon Olson