Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

>From: "Jon Olson" <morph@jmss.com>
>I meant eliminate the need for constant defragmenting for those of us
who
>have large, ever changing mp3 playlists,

I don't follow.  Are you agreeing that the player should
have the ability to defragment its file system when
songs have been deleted?

> and no, i didn't read your post
>because you haden't sent it when i replied :>

Well, i've deleted it now, but I think the message you were
replying to had the entire post I was refering to quoted
at the bottom, but no matter.

>Also, I've starded work on a nice Windows based program that will talk
via a
>serial port to his device.

I guess we are assuming it will support RS232 (I think
Grant mentioned that was pretty easy to do with his AVRs).

>Because i'm in windows NT, serial i/o is a lot easier tha parallel i/o
(have
>to make ~30 i/o calls to write to the parallel port directly so i've
>heard...

Yes, serial is MUCH easier, I have done both.  At least
windows gives you control over the individual serial port
lines, and will notify you when there is data to receive.
I haven't figured out how to get windows to let me set
specific parallel port lines, or notify me when a line has
changed state.  I have resorted to direct hardware access
to control the port (which you can do on NT too, last time
I checked, you just have to remove the port from NTs
resources, it doesn't restrict access to resources it doesn't
know about :)

DK