Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

>From: "ns [despuqué]" <worldsnow@hotmail.com>
> although I think it will be a write once type of thing, or
>"concatonate" files on the end...

Allocation table scanning as I outlined should be
easy to perform, and would keep down the requirement
for free space defragmentation.  It also allows for
song deletion without taking a big hit in storage
space.

> if it gets big enough then there will
>definately be relocation software, that is "defrag" sofware.

As I mentioned, defragmentation could be as simple
(and time consuming) as a backup and restore, or
it could be done periodicly, when fragmented free
space reaches a certain percentage (which the player
could calculate at the users request, along with
largest contigious block and percentage of total
space used).

DK