Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toll Booth and junk (was Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/In...)

>From: "David Knaack" <dknaack@hotmail.com>
>I'd set up about the first 50k-100k of the disk as an
>allocation table, containing up to 500 blocks of about
>200 bytes to describe the song info and data start and
>end positions on the disk.  This would give you up to
>about 500 songs on the player.

Also, the MP3 player could keep a workspace at the end
of the allocation table to store playlists and such.

Along with what I mentioned before about allowing it
to handle a user data format, the allocation blocks
would have a datatype tag, identifying the data as
either MP3 or user.

DK