TI-H: Re: rights to EII

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: rights to EII

Robert Brack wrote:

> Hey, rich, I thought you were "getting out of" the ti stuff?  Just
> wondering.  I don't want to cause anything, but I also would like to be able
> to produce the EII.  I was thinking, I don't really want to compete for it,
> so why don't we split it, $175 each?  I've got 4 more years at home, and I
> just got a PIC programmer :)

Well, you'll need an AVR programer now (so do I :)

I'm OK with EL and EIIs, but the SPinTerface I want to do less of. I'll still
do it though. I'm still doing free turbos though! (:

It's not the hardware that takes my time, but rather the list, but it's not
like I have a life! (: I think it isn't as bad now (fewer un necesary posts)
Anyway, I'm going to stick with it for as long as I can, and I'll put filters
on un necesary post subject lines when they start up again (hopefuly not! :)

Anyway, I want to produce the hardware for a while, and if i get bored, I'll
cut back to chips, but I'kll probably just keep making complete devices.

What to standard TI-TI cables cost if you buy them from TI??? I remember
problems with the cheap conectors Mel Tsai used. I had to fix a couple of
those original ESFs cause the links were bad.

If you want to join in, cool! It'll be nice to split up the work (I realy
don't want to do it all my self. That's a lot of work)

Maybe we can just split our orders or something. I may want to get some prefab
boards, so if you want, and i do chose that route, maybe we can order together
to make it cheaper. I'll let you see the MMOD port and MMOD design, so our
EIIs are equal, and e can charge the same. Would that sound reaonable to
you??? I'm going to try to come up with a good board layout that will give us
the smallest possible space. I'm looking at a generic board, designed for the
SPinTerface, but easily placed into a box for link versions. Sound good???

I want the EII to be worthy of it's name when Grant releases it. I'm going to
do my best at that.
--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html