Re: TI-H: TI-MemSwitch

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-MemSwitch

>I was thinking more along the lines of a memory expansion.

like a true memory upgrade or just a storage device? you do understand
the difference right?  A memory expander is a device that plugs into the
linkport and can only be used with a special ASM driver for fargo.
it is esentialy a disk drive for your 92... not a memory upgrade.

the memory upgrade which adds 128k of true RAM memory is very difficult
and there would be no way to make it external(well you could but it
would be messy) you would have to add a 50 pin centronics port to the
calc! and have a 50 wire cable between the box and the calc!

>I ment which capasiter in the calc do you replace.

Its C11

 What would happin >if you added a varible capasiter that would allow
you to adjust the
>operating freq to fit the app you were running.

what do you think?... it would give you an adjustable speed...
it is also a pain in the ass to adjust... stick with a switch.
use a 3 position switch if you want 3 speeds.

>Where do you get the mem chips for the 1.7?  I also need to find a
>good DC sautering iron.

I don't think you want the SRAM chips I was speaking of.
from what you have said.. I dont think this is what you want...
if you want a storage device I sugest you buy an EuP, or wait for the
EII wich will be around $40 (I think)