TI-H: Hitachi I2C eeproms

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Hitachi I2C eeproms

I don't know if this will be helpful for those building memory expanders or
if it has already been mentioned, but here it is.

------(http://semiconductor.hitachi.com/news/html/mnfpr002.html)--------

Hitachi Introduces Two-Wire Serial Interface EEPROMs that Operate from 1.8
to 5.5 V

The low-voltage chips are ideal for cellular phones and other portable
applications

Hitachi Semiconductor (America) Inc. introduces two-wire, medium-density,
serial interface EEPROMS (E2PROMs) that have a standard I2C serial
interface for easy system integration and offer 400-kHz speeds when
operating at 1.8 V. The 2K-, 4K-, 8K-, 16K-, 32K- and 64Kbit devices offer
the performance levels and low power dissipation that meet the needs of
portable applications for cost-effective, power-efficient nonvolatile
memory solutions. In particular, the HN58X24xx series chips are ideal for
use in cellular tele-phones, optimizing board space and power consumption
while providing density upgradeability without PCB redesign. Other
applications include appliances, automotive systems, DRAM modules, and
printers. These serial E2PROMs complement Hitachi’s 64K-, 256K- and 1Mbit
parallel E2PROMs, demonstrating Hitachi’s commitment to serve the
nonvolatile market segment with E2PROMs, Flash, and other technologies.