Re: TI-H: Touch screens

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Touch screens

From: Brian Carpenter <bc2207@hotmail.com>
>Do you have any idea how much work it would take to get a touch
screen
>into a calc?

No, and I have no intention of trying, but a while back a couple
of people were talking about the possability.

>Besides, they have to have their own processors and
>software to run. (they would have to communicate with the calc using
>digital I/O's.  This means that it would probably have to be external
>and have some giant driver to run it.  The point is, unless they've
>figure out a way to shrink an electronic circuitry 2 inches thick
down
>to some thing manageable, it ain't going to happen.  Also, they take
>lot of power.

I don't know the implimentation details for this particular
application, but the demo that the company had was about
1/8th inch thick, and had four wire leads comming from it.
The demo included about 5 EL touch buttons and a 4x5" clear
touch screen.
I don't know what the interface is, but I doubt that it is
particularly complex, there just isn't that much that goes
into a touch screen.
As for 2 inch thick circuitry, a complete Dell laptop is
just over an inch thick, and that includes the display, I
don't think it would be that difficult for someone who
knew what they were doing better than I.

It would require a driver, probably it would only be useful
in asm programs.

DK