Re: TI-H: Re: these are surely things to ponder about :-Þ

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

David Knaack wrote:

> However, "twice as cold" COULD refer to total heat energy, and
> in order to calculate this, one must take into account the tempature
> scale one is using (which is not specified in the problem, but
> can be assumed to NOT be kelvin, or any other ratio scale, for
> obvious reasons).  If using the Celcius scale, one still has
> approximately 273.15 degrees left to go before reaching zero.
> One way to simplify calculations is to switch to a ratio scale
> (Kelvin in this case), and divide by 2, then convert back.  This

    you guys are taking this WAY too far.  When one says 'twice as cold',
rarely do we EVER literaly ever mean it.  Usually it referes to a
tempature drop of a few degrees.. Menaing that the CORRECT :) answer is
-3 Degrees C

--
Trent Lillehaugen
Computer Engineering Major