Re: Please Read Bryan: Re: TI-H: Code and schematics and such

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Please Read Bryan: Re: TI-H: Code and schematics and such

Well, I really appreciate your offer
but I've worked on programming projects
with others before and I've noticed that
things can get confusing fast when you
have to adjust to another's coding style.
The source is finished, but not debugged,
so I might as well finish my own code.

Bryan

Grant Stockly wrote:

> Bryan:  I'm pretty good at AVR code seeing as how I've made an IDE driver
> on one, are you sure I can't finish it for you?  How about you let me
> finish the code and then I give it to you and you sell it?  Sound good?
>
> I wish Bryan would let me finish the EII...  I made him an offer in
> February, and one the following month...
>
> >>I think you should make your own code if you can't release others code. If
> >>there is only one way to do the code, then there's one way to do it. If
> >you'd
> >>never seen the code, you'd claim it was yours. There is only so much you
> >can
> >>do with the link port. And there is only one way to use it (from what I
> >know)
> >>What does the code do anyway??? I don't know if all this legal stuff realy
> >>even belongs on this list. I realize that stuff is owned by the designer,
> >and
> >>that can't be ignored. The problem is that some things are kept under wraps
> >>cause of legal issues. I'm sick of waiting for this stupid EII and all
> >these
> >>other things! The EuP WORKED! GOD! why are we waiting for Bryan to finish
> >the
> >>EII when he could have continued producing the PIC for all this time.
> >GEEZ!!!
> >>The thing worked, but MEL said it was crap cause it used the _PIC_ and not
> >the
> >>_AVR_!!! Who cares WHAT chip it used!!! I'd be happy if I never heard of
> >the
> >>EII and could het programmed PICS!!!
> >>
> >>I don't care if they're more expensive.
> >>
> >>I had an offer of over $100 recently for an expander!!! I realy wish I
> >could
> >>have said yes!!!
> >>
> >>I like the EII and the nice expansion port it'll have and that It'll be
> >>cheaper, but I'd rather buy PICs, or better, see the released code! If
> >you're
> >>not making them anymore, why don't you post the code. if it's so obsolete,
> >why
> >>don't you give those with the skills, the option of making their own
> >>expanders, chip and all!
> >>
> >>I realy wish there were a DETAILED report of the varying projects. And I'd
> >>like to know if this "code" is some specialty code designed by Bryan or if
> >>it's some type of code that can't be done any other way. Trying to hide
> >stuff
> >>won't do anything. I bet the EII could have been released atleast a month
> >ago
> >>if this secrecy hadn't been going on. How can you make a product no one
> >knows
> >>about! It sure seems like it!!! This sucks!!!
> >>
> >>COME ON!!! this list is for SHARING ideas for the calcs! It's not very
> >>productive to keep things shut away.
> >>
> >>I don't care about a smashed Laptop or people worrying about their "code"
> [...]

Follow-Ups: References: