Re: TI-H: Too much!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Too much!

>Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:01:39 PST
>From: "ryan pogge" <ryanpogge@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: TI-H: Too much!
>
>PII 400 Mhz's are out......

Look at the URL <http://macspeedzone.com/4.0/WindowsvsMac.html>
The 266 MHz G3 has a ByteMark score of 9. The PII 333 MHz has about 4.5.
Now if the PII 400 MHz is just a 333 MHz PII plus 67 MHz then the 266 MHz
G3 will still kill the PII 400 MHz. According to that logic then PII will
need to running at 532 MHz to equal a 266 MHz G3. Now remember the G3 is
now at 300 MHz and by year's end it is to be at 400 MHz. PIIs will be a
450 MHz by June 15th? if it's on schedule. 400 Mhz * 2 means the PII will
need to be at 800 MHz by years end (we could roast marshmallows over the
chip ;).

>>That's assuming the 750 stays at the current speed, 300MHz.
>>
>>Check out <http://macspeedzone.com/4.0/WindowsvsMac.html> and see how a
>>233 beats a 533 Alpha (by a good margin) and a 266Mhz beats a 600Mhz
>>Alpha in integer test, fpu is not quite so hot :\. The PII (333MHz)
>>doesn't even come close. I'd love to see the 300MHz G3 benchmarks.

Michael Van Der Kolk
mikev@iserv.net
http://www.iserv.net/~mikev
"The challenge of making hardware and software made by many different
manufactures work together seamlessly can be overwhelming. Often, you
need the expertise of technical support personnel because it is just too
hard to be a master of all the components you own." -- Inside: Windows NT
Workstation pg. 165