Re: TI-H: SID--Where to buy?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: SID--Where to buy?

>Someone said that SIDS were discontinued...I've got some samples of the
>chip that were used in the SNES...we should try to use that.  Also I've got
>the 4bit soundcard.  In a while I will post for help on speech recognition
>and text to speech...

I've got text2speech.  I'm waiting on parts and learning ASM for 92.
Basically, the calc sends a string of letters out of the link port, on chip
decodes them and changes them to phoenomes, the second chip translates the
phoenome into speech, which is output through the speaker.  Pretty cool way
to get on a teacher's nerve!  Especially if you drop the first chip, put the
whole thing inside the calc, and type in the phoenomes, that way, if the
teacher somehow suspected that your calculator was the one cussing her out,
she wouldn't figure out how to prove it!  Or just delete the program when
she walks your way. . .