Re: TI-H: TI-89/92 ROMs NOT compatible

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-89/92 ROMs NOT compatible

What I'd suggest is using a new MAC os hardware emulator I'm devolping.  It
has a 200k/100k/50k/25k/1k bus.  Every 4 refreshes it receives current
mouse position and keyboard keys, and every refresh it sends out the
current screen.  The thing can be fitted into the size of a small modem.
It will let IBM people finally use Mac software at a reasonable speed.
(I've got 7/16 and 20MHz processors working).  Hopefully I'll finish it.
Btw, anyone ever tried converting analogue video to digital!  If I can
figure out how the plus codes video then I can hack it directly from
there...

***
Does anyone want SCSI support on the TI92/89?  I was diging around my
"treasure" room and found my "hot wired" 512k.  Apple sold 200 of those to
special distributiors to demonstrate the 'puter.  They thought that
customers would buy a computer if it had 4MB/SCSI/800k instead of
512k/400k...

The neat thing is that steve jobs actually signed the motherboard!  not
only the Case!  There are about 20 wires running from the CPU to a chip
which connects to a ribon cable and then goes out the battery port thing.
It uses the standard a SCSI controller so...SCSI on the 92!  I think its a
NCR.

>> new OS onto the chip.  With 1 meg of space on it, why not put a modified
>> MacOS?  When I say modified, I mean, moving the command keys around, and
>> pointing the ADB port out the link port (we'd have to supply power
>> seperatly.)
>
>OS is Easily done, but I don't know about ADB.

Just use the arrow keys...