Re: TI-H: 92+ or HP 48GX

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 92+ or HP 48GX

You'll want to stick with the 92. Especially if you go to college. Most engineering professor's want you to have a HP, but the only reason they give is that it is smaller. The TI is much easier to use. I had a HP my senior year in high school and as soon as I got to college I realized that a TI would be a lot better.

Clint Law wrote:

  Right now I have a two year old TI-92, and I don't really know what to do with all of the new calculators out.  I was debating getting the plus module, but the I heard the HP 48GX was a much better calculator, I also heard it is real expensive.  Does anyone know how much it costs, and has anyone had enough experience with both calculators (the 92 and the HP) to know which is the better choice.  I am currently a senior in high school and I have been frustrated on my ACT and SAT by not being able to use my 92.  I ended up just doing the math in my head - it wasn't hard at all.  However my AP Calculus test is coming up and I wanted to know if the HP was worth the investment.