TI-H: New CHEAP & EASY cases

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: New CHEAP & EASY cases

I came up with the idea of a SPinTerface Port based battery extender
quite some time ago. I made several of them, and the few people who
bought one seemed to like the increased battery life. I'm sure others
have built them cause I've had questions asked about it.

I thought, why not find a thin (around 1 inch) project box that's about
the size of the calcs (maybe at least a little wider. Cut a hole in the
top of the case, shaped like the calc, and cut holes for the speaker,
volume, and switches and plugs. The front half of the calc is glued into
the hole, and holes are made in the bottom corner for the original
screws to hold the bottom.

The batteries can be AA and the holder can be mounted to a piece of
plastic, leftover from the project box, and then mount it to the circuit
board (it can't be flat because of electronic components)
 ______________________
|                      |
|_____  / + -  + - \  _| <--Battery Case
   |  ||____________||
   |  |__|________|__| <--Plastic
   |  `--------------'\___Circuit board
    \               \_____Front case
     \___Extra width for add ons

I'll look for several sizes for thicker and wider, and for just thicker
versions. Let me know what you think! It's cheaper than buying some
molding junk and having to buy from one individual. It's something
anyone can do!!!

Also, just in case anyone is interested, I'm selling my PowerBook 1400
to be used as a small desktop style computer (I only have an external
monitor, no built in LCD). Has 33.6 modem, upgraded to 32 MB of RAM,
includes an 8x CD and floppy, has a docking adapter, and a ZIP drive.
I'll include the monitor as well.

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html