TI-H: SID 8580

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: SID 8580

>I just took my C64 apart, and I found out that U9 on the new models
(U18 on
>the older ones) which is the SID chip, is removable!  That means that
you
>won't have to mess it up by desoldering the chip from the board!  And I
>can't find a place to buy them seperatly.  Does anyone else know?
>
>BTW, I found out that the original version (6581) was 12v (used in the
brown
>C64's) and the new one (8580) was 5v (used in the white flat one.)

We NEED to use the 8580, since the calc runs on 5v. The other chip is
12v, and would be dificult. You'd need two 9v batteries just to run it!

Also, how dificult would 1 or more MAX 038 chips be to interface? That's
a VERY common Waveform generator. I also saw some others. The AY-3-8910
Programible sound Generator with 2 8-bit I/O ports. What's this???

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com

The Richfiles TI Page
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html