Re: TI-H: Pager thingy from Yahoo, pretty cool!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Pager thingy from Yahoo, pretty cool!

Ok...Grant's been pushing his 8-bit I/O thingamajigger on this EII. Now, if
anyone else has ever looked at the SLIP protocol definion, you'll discover
that's it's ramarkably simple. You've got two important bytes ESC and END.
Basically, you encapsupate IP into that, send it with an ESC END at each
and, and replace every ESC with ESC ESC and yer done. I think it should be
fairly easy to build a (very simple) program for the TI that connects to the
internet using SLIP. I'd be glad to write up a little server proggie and
host it on any one of my boxes sitting out there on T1s. ICQ/AIM for teh TI?
Right around the corner - i say. Especially since it would always be talking
to a specific IP on a specific port. It could also use UDP to make things
simpler (for all those of you not familliar with this, just know that UDP is
simpler to use than TCP). If anyone feels like helping me code the TI end,
i'll gladly write a server (I can do this in about an hour).

-- Jon Olson