Re: TI-H: $4 serial link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: $4 serial link

>I have built the $4 serial link and have not had any success in linking.
>I tried it using all of the link software on ticalc. The calc cursor
>stops when I plug the link port into the calc. The led lights. I double
>checked my connections and can't find anything wrong with them.
>Has anyone ever had success in building a homemade link?

Yes.  I used CAL, a DOS software, and sami's win/win95 link software.  All
three work for the 86.  Check the cable w/ a multimeter.  It should read
around 4.5v (I forget which wires, some should read that, and some should
read like 0.5).  One thing I did was go into the Graphlink software, tell it
to get screen, then plug the calc cable in, hit the button on the computer,
and then it should flash.  The software will think something is wrong, but
don't worry about it.

>If so which link and what software did you use?

Sami's wintra8X, I think that's what it's called.

>Also, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this link
>working?

>I was forced to use 5.1v zeners instead of 4.7v zeners, would this make
>a difference?

I used 5.1v on mine, and it worked.