Re: TI-H: MIDI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: MIDI

Right... Because MIDI would require hooking your calculator up to a MIDI
synthesizer - either a keyboard, or a soundcard. The first one would wipe out
most the portability aspects of the calculator. ;)

What _would_ be required for the latter? Would it be easy to build a small
MIDI box? I would figure it would be much more complicated - at least looking
at a meg or so ROM to hold the sounds - and cost more than the SID solution.
(The SID sure was amazing in it's day. Maybe it will be again...)

> That's not my piont though. I have been sating MIDI like standard, not
> true MIDI!!! all we need is an I2C 8-bit paralel chip or two, and a wave
> form generator such as the MAX 038. Maybe we can find a serial 2 wire
> waveform generator, but I doubt it. Personaly, I'd use the SID chip from
> the commodore 128.

Justin Pope              |  Frontier-II Director  |        //  Long live
jupo@ou.edu              | Amiga, TI-81/85, MUSE/ |     _ //      -=-
www.galstar.com/~jupo    |  MUSH/MUX Programming  |     \x/    the AMIGA