RE: TI-H: New Calculator!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: New Calculator!!!

>You are talking about a computer with modifications. It's true that
>every calculator is merely a computer, but part of the fun is do do
>something from scratch, a start from paper! I want to design the board,
>use a powerful processor, maybe add color if I can find a cheap color
>LCD (like those in Watchmans or Sega gamegear). I want to design a
>powerful calculator, not turn a small computer into a calculator. If you
>want to do this, fine, but I'm also doing it. I'm doing it as a hobby
>project. I want it to be king of calculators as well. I'll have a
>connector for direct bus access, link and whatever else I can think of.
>
>I'm just realy excited about actualy building something more than a
>"better link port" or something like that. I've always wanted to do
>something like this, and I never did. No I'm doing it. I realize the
>subject was brought up months ago, but nobody ever did anything. Now I
>am trying. Besides, how much power will a 486 use??? Is this
>"calculator" you plan going to run through batteries fast??? Whatever.
>If you want to build yours, do it! Just do it because you've always
>wanted to, not just because people showed a suden interest (which of
>course is a good reason too). Please build it. You seem to have more
>resources than I, so You'll probably finnish sooner.

How much actual calculator code do you know?  Could you reprogram all the
routines of the 92 yourself?   I think that unless you license someone
else's math software, you're pretty much can't call it a calculator.  I
mean, nint is easy to code, but even if you have a 486 inside, that extra
speed isn't going to beat some routines that can do things exactly...

00000011