RE: TI-H: New calc design

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: New calc design

Or... Hack the whole thing to death right now, and get MP3 support in the future, dealing with crappy PCM for now.  Since I'm not trying to cram a 128 kilobit stream, only a 16 kilobit one, it won't hog the CPU nearly as much.  It's like RealAudio at that point, anyway.  Sounds kind of like a tin can, but it's pretty good quality nonetheless.  At the very least, it can be understood very easily.  It's either that or add a lot more audio RAM, and I don't want to do that just yet.
	By the way, a 2:24 MP3 at 16 kilobits is 282KB.  so, rounding that off a bit because I don't have my TI right here, that's 20 minutes of compressed audio in my 2MB audio space if I use MP3 (or RealAudio, but will probably break a law or two...) compression.  actually less, but I'm just giving a rough number.  This is why I need compression for the system.  A MIDI-like standard would be much smaller, but also a lot tougher to implement.
	Oh, and my duck interfaces just fine with my calculators.  He just doesn't understand how to exit Usgard :)
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@geocities.com
VirtuTech Developer's Group