TI-H: Major concern. Major advice. NOT a flme.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Major concern. Major advice. NOT a flme.

Grant, you say all these things, but I've not heard them talked about
till a message or two ago.

I'm kinda directing this at Grant as a piece of advice, but I think
everyone here ought to read it and do a little thinking. Also, there
isn't much to reply about. Either you misenterpereted it as a flame and
you reply and start people complaining, or you reply to say how
meaningful it is, or you don't reply and you actualy consider doing what
the message suggests.

All ideas should be welcome. If someone says something that was posted a
year ago, don't flame them, let them know it was tried. who knows, they
might have a great new approach or part that would make it possible!!!
That has been discussed many times, but what about how much we share!
Some people are simply saying, I have an idea, and they start working,
but they don't keep the list informed. People start making assumtions,
and then they learn they screwed up or they said something that was
assumed true but wasn't. They don't know. They havn't been kept informed
of the progress of the projects. People are talking about top secret
projects and stuff. THIS IS OK!!! If you have a project, and don't want
people to know utill/unless you finnish, You're actualy doing us a favor
by keeping us from worring about when it will be done. The problem is
that some people are saying they will do something, even be close to
finnished, but then quit and leave everyone on the list leaning over an
unfinnished idea. Some people may get angry and others might feel
rejected. Mel did this. Grant has been diligent, and kept with it, even
though we've chewed him out so many times that he should have left us to
fend for ourselves. He doesn't deserve it, but there is one bad habit,
which he and a few others may have and it is causing some problems. Now,
some of the things I'm about to say might sound like a flame, but I
TRULY mean them as advice! Not as a flame, so PLEASE read this
completely. I don't want to make anyone angry, but, like someone said in
a previous message (I forgot what message), you keep things fairly
secretive. You say you're doing something, and then don't update on your
progress. Maybe a few things here or there about when drivers will be
done. You never mentioned the EII having this bank switching or whatever
you're talking about. You never mentioned backup abilities, you never
mentioned anything other than it was going to be ready soon. Most people
have something called a feature list. It's a list of descriptions of all
the features. Have you ever heard of this??? You don't let people know
what's going on with the project, so no one knows what to expect. Many
people, my self included, probably assumed it was an EuP running on an
AVR rather than a PIC. No one ever said how different it would be. You
talk about wasting your time! I've wasted hours trying to come up with
ideas for the SPinTerface version of the EII. I sent countless messages
about the MMODs and stuff. You merely said "It woas not compatible",
rather than actualy SAYING WHY it was incompatible!!!

Why do you waste MY time. I'm glad all these features are here, but you
never explaind WHY it was different, WHAT was different. I and many
other have asked about the EII, but you simply replied with, so and so
percent complete, HD crashed, no problem, short delay. You never told us
it was majorly different from the EuP. Now I'm stuck with useless
designs and have to start over. Personaly, I'd love it if Bryan would
release the PIC code and I could start producing SIMPLE BASIC EuPs. At
least my designs would work then.

You have the problem of not letting your prospective customers know what
they're buying. I realize that all this stuff is very good, way better
than the EuP was, but you could have SAID something!!!

I want you to continue your work! I'm glad that someone has the brains
to do it, and isn't going to leave us with nothing after countless
promises. I see you as a better hobbyist than Mel Tsai ever was, simply
because you're sticking with it. You have a hard position to fill.
People are VERY IMPATIENTLY waiting for the EII. Some are confused about
the SPinTerface EII. The SPinTerface EII is simply an EII with a
SPinTerface port connected to it instead of a separate power supply,
power switch and link cable. If you have questions about what's
different DIRECT THEM TO richfiles1@hotmail.com and if you want
information on what the EII DOES or IS, ask Grant (I forgot his
address).

I simply will be building them. I'll follow Grant's specs and whatever
else he has up his sleve, cause how am I to know if he's going to make a
suprise change or release a new expander. He does not give many details
except maybe what kind memory is used, and that's after people beg him
to answer. Grant, I'm asking you to simply make a complete list of
features on your page, post the Schematics there as well, and since you
say the drivers are done, start making AVRs as soon as you get your
order of blanks (or whatever you call them).

Please take my advice. I want the EII and the EIII to grow into AWESOME
expanders, but you can't do that unless you inform us on what they do
exactly!

Thanks for reading this. I hope you take my advice

and good luck on your EIII.

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com

The Richfiles TI Page