Re: TI-H: How to install EL Panel

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: How to install EL Panel

>I'm going to get an EL and how do I install the power source to the
bateries
>and turn the panel off and on? Also how do I keep the the panel from
sliding
>around and get it in the spot where the foam used to be...

In case anyone else wants to know the basics, here it is.

Well, you'll need to cut the foam with something. I'd use a hack saw
blade. You NEED to be VERY CAREFUL NOT to cut the plastic ribbon that
connects the LCD. If you do the calc is RUINED!!!

Also, you have to make sure the wires are sealed. if not, you risk
putting 100 volts AC through 5 volt logic circuits! You need to be
careful.

The EL panel actualy shouldn't move too much. If it does, just use a
roll of tape with the sticky side out to hold it in place. If you have
problems or can't get it to work, I'll also offer to do the work for
you. If you have any problems, contact me and I'll help. OK!

The (+) wire simply goes to a switch and then then the switch leads to a
6 volt connection near or on the battery (+) post. The other wire goes
to ground (the (-) post or the copper exposed areas where the foil
screws onto).

Hopefuly, I'll have my web page updated in a week or two. If you are
getting the EL from David, then you can probably afford to wait for the
page!

If you want me to do it, you can just ask. (private e-mail though)

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com

The Richfiles TI Page
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html