RE: TI-H:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H:

Guys, after sending e-mail to TI and getting a positive response (they want
to use the results) I think I know more about this than you do.

>That so far beyond wrong

Proove it wrong.

I think I HAVE to go into it. It is ilegal to
>copy or pirate ROM, but each calc is different, you can only use a ROM
>designed for it (you could modify it for compatibility, but then it's
>not TI's original ROM).

If you want to pirate your ROM thats your choice.  I realy don't care what
you do thats against the law.  fiy, read another of my posts.  I blow
tourched the rom off and bent all of the pins to a bread board.

You can legaly rip your ROM out and replace it
>with whatever you want!!!

When did I say I was even copying the TI rom to the computer!?!

You can even reverse engineer the ROM if we
>were that determined and start mass producing TI-Clones!!!

heh...thats what everyone does in the GB community

If we make
>our own ROM and load it into the calcs, that's our right, so unless you
>plan on pirating a TI ROM, SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes.  I plan on pirating a rom.  I feel like posting one to this list.  I
feel like throwing my TI85 in the tolit... (I did)

WHEN did I ever say anything about TIs rom?  Why would I want to know whats
in TIs rom?  I don't care!  TIs already giving me portions so I can write
the driver...

>It is not ilegal to replace or re write a ROM and replace the original
>with it, so don't go jumping to conclusions. It's no different than
>downloading a ROM for an emulator! If you own the calc, it's LEGAL. If
>you don't it is ILLEGAL. Since the calcs have different internal
>structures, the ROMs are not compatible, so the ROM will only run on a
>calc it was designed for. That makes it very unlikely that any
>illegalact is commited!!! O-K !!!

Ya know...you are the one that has been wrong so far...I NEVER said
anything about transfering the rom over the network.  I DID say that I was
making an AVR that with ROM bank switching.... would give the calc extra IO
which goes to a 10B-2 and IDE HD...

-Rach