RE: TI-H: New calc design from Chris (was TI-H: )

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: New calc design from Chris (was TI-H: )

the low power DX chips might be enough, and they have FPU's which will be useful for our purposes.  think about it, lightning fast graphs.  Besides, it's really just my project, and these are my decisions.  I might look for a different CPU later, but that built in FPU is tempting.  I also have access to a good rework station, so I should be able to connect a surface mounted chip in mine, which will be a lot smaller.
Another thought... the specs make this closer to a CE palmtop or a Pilot, not a calculator.  Therefore, it's almost expected to eat power.  I still want to bump up the resolution even more, but that will need more graphics RAM
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@geocities.com
VirtuTech Developer's Group