Re: TI-H:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H:

What the phreak? I just had to but in at this....if you can change the
ROM...why not make the "Ultra Calculator." We have people making new
cases...you making new ROMs...hmmm...why not scrap the calc....steal the
LCD and other essencial parts, make a phat case, put a board in with a
new ROM, take the knolodge of the Z80 and the LCD and make the "Ultra
ROM," with GUI and all that we ever wanted but couldn't...It's a good
idea if you're willing to spen money on a case and other crap... Oh
yea...I would buy a metal case with metal buttons engraved with the
stuff...If I had the money...:)

>Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 16:38:12 -0700
>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>From: gussie@alaska.net (Grant Stockly)
>Subject: TI-H: "Bootstraped - Dumb calc"
>

>I'm the first person ever to bootstrap their calc over a network.
Using
>the internal ROM, I blowtorched it off and soldered a header in.  Then
>made a circut on a breadboard with an AVR...  You turn on the calc.
The
>avr says hello and gets hold of the server (mac) downloads the selected
rom
>on the server, loads it into SRAM, then resets the internal Z80 chip
and
>then the calc started up!  It crashed after working with it since my
>breadboard was shorting out but it worked!  I havn't tried it yet, but
if I
>can find an 82 I will dump its rom into it.  It won't work, but it
would be
>interesting...
>
>So this will be a feature on my network.  The hub will hold a rom of
each
>calc and when the calc asks for the rom it sends it and then the calc
runs
>the ASM.
>
>This isn't just for making something neat.  Once we have the display
>driver, memory, and link port routines down we can make calcs that play
>only games, or one program.  This would make games a whole lot faster!
>
>After someone does taht I can incorporate the design into the EIII.
Then