From: Christopher Kalos <raptorone@geocities.com>
To: 'ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org' <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Tuesday, March 03, 1998 5:31 PM
Subject: TI-H: FW: I wasn't kidding about that TI-clone...

>here we go again...
>Christopher Kalos
>raptorone@geocities.com
>VirtuTech Developer's Group

platform.  I'm guessing a 486DX based chip, in a surface mount design might
be powerful and efficient enough to handle the main operations, and perhaps
a secondary z80 for assembly purposes.  I'm almost sure that I'm going to
base it all on TI86 functions, since it can already handle 82 and 85
"emulation" via ASE.
> As for the video, I can get a black and white working pretty easily, and
link port emulation can probably be done as well, seeing as it already has
with third party link programs.
> Device ports;  not too tough, just no USB or anything too fancy
> I'm willing to toss in EL backlighting, but how large do we want the
screen?  I want it large enough to handle a graphical OS, since I plan on
adding a touchpad to this system.
> At this point, it's not really a calculator anymore, but rather a
full-blown computing device with TI-calculator compatibility.