Re: TI-H: Installing El Panels

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Installing El Panels

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Boudreau <johnpb@keynet.net>
To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Tuesday, March 03, 1998 1:43 PM
Subject: TI-H: Installing El Panels

>Well i just wondering some basic info on were to get El Panelsl, and i've
>been looking at the screen on my 85, and 86 the 85 has some blue foam stuff
>and i can't seem to think of ANY way to get that crap out.  Same with the
>86, except the foam is black =).  How hard is it to scape that stuff out.
>Any one wanna tell me how they did it!

I took the advise everyone gave me, and threw it out the window :-)  Just
kidding.  I tries an x-acto knife, which worked for about 1/4 of the panel.
What I ended up doing was taking the blade of a hacksaw and cutting the
screen into tiny bits because of my frustration :---)  No, I carefully cut
out the foam with the hacksaw blade, watching out for the wires
(seriously!!!)  Be careful that you don't scrape the PCB or screen (I had a
dull one), and that the LCD doesn't become discolored.

>What does an inverter do, why do
>you need it? and were do you run the power from.

The inverter hooks to the battery to turn the useless 6vdc into 120vac at
400hz.

Yes, www.ellamp.com and try searching.