Re: TI-H: Advanced Link port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Advanced Link port

>This is so cool!  We could hook this up directly to a computer expansion
>slot, for what, I don't know, but it could be done!  We could use this with
>a much more sophisticated A/D converter for much higher accuracy.

Use an A/D converter for what!?!

This
>thing has become a palmtop computer w/ more accessories!  The next thing to
>be done is to enlarge the LCD and teach the calculator how to use it.  This
>I/O adapter might work.  Hey, you could get a color LCD, like in a laptop,
>for about $50.

Heh...jump on the electronical bandwagon, hua?   Mel thinks I'm crazy but...

I'm currently working to make 640x480 available.  Beleive me, its hard.
You have to worry about getting the electrical timing just right while
pipeing the pixel status at about 3GBs a second...Its not something for
everyone.  And it WOULDN'T work off of the I/O expander or any other link
port.  (Sorry, they just aren't 3000MB a second...  :)  )

I tried to hook it to the link port.  Heres what i got.  WIth the calc
sending as fast as it could, the screen updates itself every 2 minutes and
1 picture takes up the entire memory...

It will hook into the LCD controller where the processor does...  This is
like connecting a Supernintendo to a LCD.  Very hard.  The LCD will not be
available in the first edition of this case thing.  I hoping for the end of
the year when its done.

IF ANYONE has a ViewScreen calc, I NEED IT!!!  It might help to see their
circut, but it wouldn't solve the problem since their view panels are still
low res...

Then use it for school presentations!  Hook up a keyboard,
>hard drive, you're set!

Keyboard will be ready, hard drive no...

Whoever invented TI-calcs was a genious!  The next
>thing is a disk drive, wait, the PSX memory expander might function like
>that, who knows.  Anyways, keep working on this!

Disk drive not yet...